Monday, November 1, 2010

What this is and what it isn't, or, Do we have to define our relationship already, it's still so new...

I never had any desire to add to the proliferation of blogs on the Interwebs...until I did. And when I did, it hit hard. Suddenly, I couldn't just get privately enraged at the ignorant comments on a news article about vegan cupcakes then let it go. No, I'd spend ridic amounts of time crafting my indignation into an incisively scathing diatribe that no one and their mama would ever see. Or, I wouldn't just undertake the insanely tedious task of homemade vegan candy corn (gelatin-free, bitches!) to then contentedly make myself sick on it. No, I'd also take step-by-step photos with my Hipstamatic app (do you know how hard it is to get that framing right?) during the whole candy-corn making process while captioning each one in my head like an insane person. Suddenly I was becoming a crazy(er) person with a head-full of dietetic diatribes and candy-corn captions. It had to stop.

So a blog it was. Is. Shall be. But what this blog is...or shall be, I only have the vaguest idea of right now. 'The Accidental Vegan' isn't as comprehensive a title as I might like, but it was the first to pop into my head, which counts for a lot. Being vegan is certainly a very large and important part of my life.  While it's truly something I adopted by complete accident (which is a story for another blog, probably the next one) it's been one of the best life changes I've accidentally made, ever. I'll definitely be writing a lot of vegan-oriented posts since it's such a big piece of me and something I continue to learn about, perfect, or fuck up with, every day. Not so outside this motif are things like health, exercise, and the environment, which are really important to me. And then there are plenty of other things I think I'd like to put up; pictures I've taken around LA or traveling, reviews on music or books, and things I'm sure I haven't thought of yet.

Short story long, I don't know what this will be. But I'm looking forward to finding out.

1 comment:

  1. I'd love to see some pics of Los Angeles and more diatribe about the pathetic way we vegans are treated. You have a good start, keep it going.

    ReplyDelete